Projects Schedule: Pell Lake
Habitat for Humanity in Walworth County is building a house at W850 Myrtle in Pell Lake, the northwest corner of Myrtle and Chicago. Volunteers are needed to build the house through the summer and fall of 2020. The house is a two bedroom of 1,000 SF for Sarah and her sons.
Caution: the Route 12 access to Pell Lake Road may be closed.
Volunteer groups are needed on Saturdays for the next six months in groups of about four to eight. Working hours are nominally 8 AM to 4 PM, partial days are welcome. Lunch will be available. If possible, volunteers are encouraged to bring their own hand tools for the intended work, though it’s not necessary.
In light of the Covid 19 virus, the following protocol will be in practice:
- Masks are strongly recommended of all working volunteers
- No more than ten volunteers will be permitted on site at one time, so we will need to know the approximate volunteer count in advance
- Everyone’s body temperature will be checked prior to entry; anyone with 100 degrees F or more will not be permitted on site
- Construction masks and gloves will be available upon entry
- Social distancing will be practiced as best as practical for the work at hand
Volunteers will be asked to sign a Habitat annual waiver before participating, and must be at least eighteen years of age (16 & 17 year olds need signed parental waivers)
Volunteers will be advised in advance of the nature of the work for the day, and are encouraged to dress appropriately for the work
Excavation, concrete, roofing, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC will all be contracted; the balance of the work is a volunteer effort.